Frequently Asked Questions
- Why Delta Sigma Pi?
As Deltasigs, we pride ourselves on our strong brotherhood and our 4 pillars:
Professionalism, Community Service, Social Activities, and Fundraising. Founded in
1980, we are the oldest professional business fraternity at Illinois State with a large
network of over 1,000 alumni and 17 distinguished faculty initiates. Our strong
brotherhood develops individuals personally and professionally.
- How does recruitment work?
Recruitment is a week-long process intended for our chapter to meet potential
members and for those candidates to learn about Delta Sigma Pi at Illinois State. We
encourage you to attend all three formal recruitment events to learn more about our
brotherhood. Following the events, candidates take part in a final interview. Select candidates will
then be offered a bid to join our newest pledge class.
- What are Delta Sigma Pi’s requirements for recruitment?
1. Candidates must be full-time Illinois State students majoring in business or economics.
2. Minimum 2.5 GPA
3. 3 semesters remaining (including current semester)
- Can I join Delta Sigma Pi if I am a part of a social sorority or fraternity?
Yes, you can join a social fraternity or sorority before or after joining Delta Sigma Pi.
Several of our members are also involved in the Greek system on campus.
- How many pledges does Delta Sigma Pi take each semester?
There is no fixed number of candidates we take each semester. Decisions are made
on an individual basis and bids are extended to those who we believe to be a good fit
for our fraternity.
- I’ve applied in previous semesters, but I didn’t receive a bid. Should I reapply?
Absolutely! We look at re-applications as a sign of dedication, persistence, and
commitment. Be sure to illustrate how you’ve developed since last applying and
what you’ve done to get closer to accomplishing your goals.
Other Questions? Please email our Senior Vice President, Autumn Boliard, at firstname.lastname@example.org